For us, software engineering means art as well as team performance. Art, because with creative ideas, we always try to think one or two steps further; and team performance, because it is a network of specialists that makes our success possible in the first place.
Ready to Deploy
- Scalable architecture Due to the amount of data, and the high parallelism of the requests, a scalable architecture from different services is unavoidable. Our components are Workflow- and Event-driven - and exchange data with our on-site robots and user interfaces as well.
- Container and Serverless We develop and operate a large part of our software components in Containers. In combination with Serverless computing, this enables us to deploy and automatically scale without complications - and at minimum operational effort.
Our backend stacks (besides several other languages like C++ and Python) are based on Java Spring, C#.NET Core and NodeJS - depending on team preference. We develop our Web frontends partly reactive, often responsive with React. Database technologies include classical relational, as well as NoSQL databases, and increasingly NewSQL.
- blockchain In order to ensure greater security and transparency in sensitive markets, we store important data in Blockchain transactions fraud resistant. For example, when customers spend a lot of money buying an expensive car, we replace faith and hope with reassuring knowledge.
Our work process
In a nutshell
- Specification Requirements of all kinds are transferred from the Product owners to our IT Project managers. Together with the Technical leads, they create the specification for the development teams. The specification contains in particular the acceptance conditions (partly already formalized), so that each developer or researcher is provided with a clear task description.
- Research and Development Our development process is characterized by agile methods, which we use tailored to us. In each sprint, the implementation is automatically tested and built, deployed and re-tested several times a day, in order to ensure that it runs smoothly in the Cloud.
- quality Our QA teams then develops E2E UI tests to verify the interaction of the various components. Further tests are carried out manually or automatically, such as load, performance, migration, or usability tests. QA then hands over a Release to Product management for releasing or cherry picking.
- operations The Ops team is responsible for the various systems of the development and test environments (CI/CD), as well as for the operation on-premise and in the Cloud. Automation (IaC) is also a focus in order to systematically avoid sources of error. Scaling, backup/restore, security, and support are further focal points.
Head of QA
Michelle is a central contact due to her many years of experience in the field of QA. She coordinates the various QA tasks, such as test development, execution, documentation, and the transfer of the results to the development teams or product management.
Michelle completed her education and gained extensive professional experience in China, Singapore, Germany, and New Zealand. She holds a Master of Engineering in Computer Science and a Master of Business Administration.
She is experienced in software testing methodology, research, automation testing, test management and software development. Michelle also gained extensive experience in business analysis in core banking systems, functional specification, change management, business process optimization, database design, and reporting.
She has expanded her professional profile with the next stages in Business and systems analysis at NCS, Gemalto, and BrightOil Petroleum in Singapore. Her tasks included gap identification, function specification, extension documentation, database design, and report generation. In Auckland, she has also trained developers at Olympic Software in Unit testing and test planning.
#GhostInspector #SQL #JIRANerd #REST #SOAPUI
Senior Software Engineer
Working for Twinner for many years, Matthias is one of the experienced software engineers with an overview of a large part of the different services of our application structure. As team lead, Matthias coordinates the implementation of his team in Leipzig, and regularly coordinates with the other team leads on a technical level, on order to ensure end-to-end interoperability across the entire infrastructure.
Matthias first learned software development as a profession, and then studied computer science with a focus on Distributed systems.
He then worked his way up for many years at one of the largest German portal operators from a Junior developer to a Development manager in the Payment solutions division. There he was most recently responsible for the management of various teams, in particular for development and quality assurance. The systems, for which he was responsible, generated transaction volumes of hundreds of millions of Euros, so he had also to take care of security and the corresponding certification of the implementation according to PCI DCC (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
Matthias is an experienced practitioner with many years of in-depth experience from backend to frontend, from distributed databases (also sharding) to high-performance messaging protocols.
#Postgres #Meteor #Zend #JS #Git #Blockchain #Payment #PCI #GraphQL #WebSocket #Camel #Azure #AWS
Head of Project Management
Kolos is responsible for the management of Twinner's development projects. With over 15 years of experience in international IT project management and a solid DevOps background, he is able to lead a project to release on time, even in critical phases. A hundred percent team player, who makes sure with all his strength, that every employee can develop his full potential in the project.
Kolos studied Computer engineering in Budapest with a focus on Database systems. First professional stations as C++ developer in the CAD domain led him as Senior software engineer to Sharp Electronics, where he developed applications based on the Open System Architecture. For SpinVox, an international voice-to-text company, he optimized the software lifecycle, and was responsible for team coaching in the area of process optimization. Kolos continued to work for Cisco Systems for more than 6 years, and co-developed an internal Cloud-based CDaaS (Continuous Delivery as a Service) with Jenkins, Docker, Mesos, and Marathon. He also developed plugins for Atlassian JIRA for process optimization, e.g. for the automatic generation of release documentation. Prior to Twinner, Kolos was deployment manager and team leader at Magyar Telekom, one of Hungary's leading telecommunications companies.
#Jenkins #Maven #Ansible #IaaS #C++ #Java #Sonar #Automation #OpenStack #KanBan #Docker #Atlassian #Linux #OpenSource #Guitar #BubbleBall